Terms of API Service
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this LINE WORKS API Service User Agreement (hereinafter referred to as “this “API Agreement”) is to define the rights (including the rights to community forum posts) and obligations as well as other required matters and rights regarding community forum posts in connection with the API Services of LINE WORKS service (hereinafter referred to as "API Service") provided by Works Mobile Japan Corp. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).
Article 2 (Term Definition)
Definitions Capitalized terms usedused in this API Aagreement are ashave the meanings set forth below follows:
- ① “LINE WORKS Services (hereinafter referred to as “LINE WORKS”) shall mean the services defined in Article 2 (1) of the LINE WORKS User Agreement in the "LINE WORKS Service User Agreement” Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as “LINE WORKS Agreement”).
- ② "API Services" shall mean the services including LINE WORKS API (application programming interface, hereinafter referred to as (the "API") and its related features and information.
- ③ “Users” shall mean corporationes or other organizations, including “ClientsCustomers” defined in Article 2 (2) of LINE WORKS AgreementLINE WORKS Terms of Service or “Partners” defined in (7) of the same articlehereunder, permitted by the Company to use the API Services by agreeing to this API Agreement.
- ④ “Administrator” shall mean the “Administrator” defined in Article 2 (4) of LINE WORKS AgreementLINE WORKS Terms of Service if the LINE WORKS Terms of Service appliesunder contract with LINE WORKS. If not under LINE WORKS Terms of Service does not apply, it shall mean the manager who represents the Users of the API Services in accordance with this API Agreement and shall be responsible for the use of the API Services.
- ⑤ "LINE WORKS Developers Site” shall mean the website provided with the API Services by the Company.
- ⑥ “Consumer Key” shall mean a unique identifier assigned by the Company to each User to verify that the User is permitted to use the API Service through relevant systems that use LINE WORKS API.
- ⑦ “Partners” shall mean corporations and organizations officially recognized as the Company's partners, including LINE WORKS sales partners and service and/or product development and provision partners working together with the CompanyLINE WORKS.
- ⑧ “Related Systems” shall mean systems including services, products, or programs using LINE WORKS API Services developed by a User or a third party.
- ⑨ “Community Forum” shall mean the forum installed in LINE WORKS Developers made for Users, in which after agreeing to this API Agreement, the Users are able to write API related posts and exchange opinions and information about the API between Users or between Users and the Company managers.
- ⑩ Terms not defined herein shall be governed by the definitions in the LINE WORKS AgreementLINE WORKS Terms of Service.
Article 3 (Effect and Change of Agreement)
- ① The Company may modify this API Agreement any time when deemed necessary. In this case, the changes are applied.
- ② When changing the contents of this API Agreement, the Company shall notify the Administrators by posting on the LINE WORKS Developers Sitewebsites related to this service or other methods. If the Users use the API Services after the change of this API Agreement, the Company shall assume that the Users agree to the revised Agreement.
Article 4 (Provision and Use of API Services)
- ① Users who are permitted to use the API Services by the Company shall use the API Services with the Consumer Key issued by the Company.
- ② The Consumer Key is issued at LINE WORKS Developers by the User’s Administrator or the person who is authorized by the Administrator. In addition, the Company may refuse the provision of API Services if the use of the service is deemed improper.
- ③ Users and Administrators shall take all responsibilities for managing the Consumer Key issued by the Company and shall not allow others to use it. The Company shall not be responsible for any damages that occur to Users, “Clients” (as defined in Article 2 of LINE WORKS AgreementLINE WORKS Terms of Service), and Users of the related Related Ssystems due to improper use of the Consumer Key by a third party.
- ④ Users are deemed responsible by developing or using the Rrelated Ssystems, and may entrust the use of API Services to a third party who has entered into a contract for system development or other legitimate contracts between with such third partiesUsers. However, in this case, the third party (hereinafter referred to as “Consignee”) who was authorized by the User is assumed to agree and comply with this API Agreement and its terms, and the User shall be deemed to be in violation if the Consignee violates this API Agreement.
- ⑤ The Company may limit the use of the API or the API Services to the Users if the Company determines that the provision of LINE WORKS or API Services is interfered due to the number of API usage or data transmission amount of the Users.
- ⑥ If the User changes the data of LINE WORKS through the API, including adding and deleting of Users and “Eend -users” (as defined in Article 2 (3) and (5) of the LINE WORKS AgreementLINE WORKS Terms of Service), the costs billed to the "Clients " (as defined in Article 2 (2) of the LINE WORKS Agreement) to which such data belongs to may increase or decrease.
Article 5 (Company Obligations)
- ① The Company shall be committed to providingprovide APIs compatible with older versions when upgrading API versions. In addition, the Company shall provide both the latest version and older version of the API at the same time for a certain period in case of an API update. However, if the Company deems it impossible due to security measures and operational issues, the Company may not provide APIs compatible with older versions or prohibit the use of older versions of the API.
- ② The Company may discontinue the provision of any or all of the API Services without User consent, or may update it to be incompatible with older versions. In this case, the Company shall notify the Administrators in advance by posting on the LINE WORKS Developers Sitewebsites related to this service or other methods. However, this shall not be mandatory when the Company deems it impossible due to legal, security, or operational issues.
Article 6 (User Obligations)
- ① Users must comply with all operating policy, notices, and relevant laws and regulations of the API Services set forth by the Company in addition to the matters stipulated in this API Agreement.
- ② Users shall promptly notify the Company without delay in the event of any changes to the information registered and notified to the Company.
- ③ Users must use the API Services in accordance with the API Service User Guide written in LINE WORKS Developers. Users may not use the API Services or develop a service similar to LINE WORKS by using the API Services beyond the above limitations.
- ④ Users shall not use the API Services for any reverse engineering including Ddecompiler or other similar actions.
- ⑤ Users shall not infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of the Company or of any third party and Partners licensed to the Company.
- ⑥ If the User develops any related Related systems Systems such as services, programs, or contents using the API Services, the User must indicate that the API Services is used in a proper manner specified by the Company within the related Related systemSystem.
Article 7 (Attribution of Intellectual Property Rights)
The copyrights and other rights of the API Services and related programs provided by the Company shall belong to the Company or to third parties who are granted the Company licensepermitted to use them
Article 8 (Limitations on Responsibility of the Company)
- ① The Company shall not be responsible for any impact on the performance of LINE WORKS or related systems caused by use of the API Services by the Users and any consequences thereof.
- ② Users shall use the API Services at their own discretion and responsibility, and the Company shall not be responsible for any damages caused by the use of the API Services under the User's judgment and responsibility. In addition, the Company shall not be responsible for any disputes between Users and third parties. If the Company receives a claim from a third party including a lawsuit, the User shall bear all expenses necessary for the Company to cover the damages and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees).
- ③ Unless provided by law and this API Agreement, regardless of how it is expressed through either implied or clear statement or otherwise, the Company shall not guarantee the matters related to normal operation that satisfies the User demand such as performance of the API, suitability for any system, merchantability, accuracy, completeness and/or fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, information or advice provided by the Company or Partner, verbally or in writing, shall not extend this coverage.
Article 9 (Use of Community Forums and Rights Regarding Posts)
- ① Users must agree to this API Agreement in order to post to the community forum. If the User posts on the forum, the User shall be assumed deemed to have consented to this API Agreement.
- ② The copyright of posts posted by the User on the community forum belongs to the User who posted it, and copyright and other intellectual property rights of works created by the Company belongs to the Company.
- ③ When posting on the community forum, the User grants free of any charge or cost the Company and its affiliates a non-exclusive, perpetual, sublicenseable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up and transferable license, to and under all of User’s intellectual property rights to publicly perform, publicly display, publicly transmit, reproduce, use, translate, interpret, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, distribute, import, create derivative works of and otherwise exploit any such postings, comments, suggestions, descriptions, ideas or other feedback regarding the API Service provided by User or on User’s behalf permission to use any and all copyrights and other rights of the copyrights (including the right to permit the reuse by third parties from the Company) such as domestic and foreign copyrights, public transmission rights, and translation and interpretation rights free of charge. In addition, the User shall not assert or exercise moral rights on the contents of posts if the Company or a third party designated by the Company uses the post. This will continue to apply even after the User terminates the use of LINE WORKS or deletes the account of the API Services.
- ④ The Company assumes that the User has consented to other Users from viewing, editing, or quoting within the API Services from the time of posting on the community forum. However, the User may delete or edit the posts when necessary.
- ⑤ If the User terminates use of LINE WORKS or deletes the account of the API Services, the Company may delete the User’s community posts as needed. However, posts that are re-posted by other Users within the API Services or deemed necessary by the Company for the use of API Services by other Users or operation of the API Services will not be removed.
- ⑥ The User shall not use the information obtained by using the API Services for commercial purposes or grant permission for other third parties to use without prior written consent of the Company.
Article 10 (Responsibility and Management of Posts)
- ① The Company may manage Users’ posts.
- ② The Company does not take any responsibility for any loss or problems caused by Users’ posts.
- ③ The Company may remove posts without prior notice if the following are deemed relevant to the post. In addition, the Company shall not be responsible for any damage or loss caused by the deletion of the post.
- 1. Any content deemed as slander, intimidation, harassment, or other similar judgment by the Company, other Users, individuals, or third parties
- 2. Any content that violates the laws, guidelines promulgated by administrative bodies, or moral righteousness
- 3. Any content considered to be an act of crime
- 4. Any content that violates the rights or benefits of others including the Company or third parties
- 5. Any content that violates the API Service User Guide set by the Company
- 6. Any content that is irrelevant to the services provided by the Company
- 7. Any content that advertises or promotes giveaways or advertising activity not permitted by the Company
- 8. Unauthorized use of the ID or name of another user or unauthorized alteration or imitation of information entered by another User
- 9. Any posts that is contrary to the purpose of posting, such as posting multiple copies of the same content
- 10. Posts by a User who is no longer a member
- 11. Any other content or action that the Company deems inappropriate or a post by such action
- ④ The Company may move a post due to operational or administrative needs without prior notice to the User.
- ⑤ The Company may determine and enforce a separate guideline regarding the use of posts of the API Services, and the User shall write posts (including transmission between Users) in accordance with the guideline.
- ⑥ If the User's post infringes the rights of others and the Company receives a complaint including claim for damages from a third party, the Company shall not be liable and the User who wrote the corresponding post shall compensate indemnify the Company against any damages occurred to the Company by the post.
Article 12 (Limitation of Use and Damage Compensation)
- ① The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend the use of the API Services in whole or in part for the User without prior notice if the User fails to comply with this API Agreement and the API Service operating policy, or if the Company determines that the use of the API Services by the User is not appropriate.
- ② Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company may send claims forclaim indemnification of damages againstto a User if the User is liable for damages occurred to the Company.
Article 13 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
The interpretation and execution of the terms and conditions in this API Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the District Court for all disputes between the Company and the Users regarding this API Agreement.
Article 14 (Other)
Any matters not defined herein shall be governed by the LINE WORKS AgreementLINE WORKS Terms of Service.
- Revised on February 2, 2017
- Revised on December 8, 2016
- Enacted on September 27, 2016